(i) any other data collection or processing, including, without limitation, data collection practices by any non-Company owned web pages to which the Company Web Site may link,
or (ii) any data that Company and/or Company’s agents, partners and/or affiliates collect offline or in connection with web sites, products, and/or services that do not display a direct link to this PP. By accessing and/or utilizing the Company Web Site, You are accepting the current version of this PP as posted here.
1 INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
This clause describes two types of information about You that Company may collect in connection with your use of the Company Web Site:
- “Personal Information. “Personal Information refers to information containing the specifics of who You are and how you can be contacted or located (e.g. name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address). Company may collect Personal Information when You use the Company Web Site including, without limitation, filling out surveys, corresponding with Company, and otherwise volunteering information about Yourself.
- “Non-Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify You as a specific individual (e.g. demographic information, website visitation records). Company may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above as well as automatically through Your use of certain technologies described in this PP.
2 HOW COMPANY COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
This clause describes methods pursuant to which Company may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information from You.
- Contact Through the Company Web Site. Company may require certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information in order to contact You (“Contact Details”) following Your submission of a request to Company, for example in connection with the Company Web Site’s Contact Us web page. Failure to provide all Contact Details required by Company may prevent Company from responding to your request. /li>
- Information Collected Through Technology. While You are able to visit the Company Web Site without providing Contact Details, Company or its third party service providers may still collect Non-Personal Information about Your use of the Company Web Site (including, without limitation, Your internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed, and/or the domain name of Your internet service provider). Such information may be gathered by the following methods: (a) IP Address. Company may automatically collect Your IP address when you visit the Company Web Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to Your computer, laptop or other device (“Device”) whenever You begin utilizing an internet service provider (“IP Address”). Each time You access the Company Web Site and each time You request one of Company’s web pages, Company’s servers may receive and log Your IP Address. (b) Cookies and Web Beacons. Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by Your internet browser on Your Device’s hard drive which work by assigning to Your Device a unique number that has no meaning outside of the Company Web Site (“Cookies”). Cookies do not generally contain any Personal Information. Most internet browsers automatically accept Cookies, but You may be able to configure Your internet browser to prevent this. Not accepting Cookies may make certain features of the Company Web Site unavailable to You. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and e-mails. Company may use the foregoing methods in HTML e-mails that Company sends to You to determine whether You have opened such e-mails and/or clicked on links in such e-mails (“Web Beacons”). The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is Personal Information. Company may also use information from Cookies and Web Beacons to learn about Your visits to the Company Web Site and/or analyze such information to help us understand traffic to the Company Web Site and to improve the Company Web Site. Such information may, for example, include: the date and time You visit the Company Web Site, the areas or pages of the Company Web Site that You visit, the amount of time You spend viewing the Company Web Site, the number of times You return to the Company Web Site, other click-stream data, and/or other automatically collected data. Do Not Track Disclosure. Your web browser and/or other tracking opt out services that You use may (or may be configured to) send signals to the Company Web Site requesting that the Company Web Site does not collect Personal Information and/or Non-Personal Information from You (“Do Not Track Signals”). Please be advised that Company and Company’s third party providers do not honor Do Not Track Signals and will continue to collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information in accordance with this PP. If the foregoing is of concern to You, Company suggests that You refrain from visiting the Company Web Site.
3 HOW COMPANY USES YOUR INFORMATION
This clause describes how Company may use information collected from You.
- System Administration.Company may use Personal and Non-Personal Information in furtherance of provisioning the Company Web Site (including without limitation administering, protecting, and improving the Company Web Site).
- Promotional E-mails. Company may use Your Personal Information to send You e-mails containing promotions or events relating to Company or from Company’s business and/or marketing partners or sponsors. You may opt-out of receiving such promotional e-mails by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or following the instructions contained in Company’s email response (if any). Once Company has processed Your opt-out request, Company will not send You promotional e-mails unless You opt back in to receiving such communications.
- Contact Information. If You contact Company by telephone, e-mail, letter or via the Company Web Site’s Contact Us page or such similar web page accessible through the Company Web Site, Company may keep a record of Your contact information and correspondence. If You report a problem with the Company, Company may collect this information in a file specific to You.
- Combining Data. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Company may combine the various types of data that Company collects with other data that we collect from You.
4 HOW TO ACCESS AND CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon Your request, (i) Company will permit You to update or correct Personal Information previously submitted, but only to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests, and (ii) Company will, to the extent commercially reasonable within Company’s existing system and internal policies, delete Personal Information from Company’s database where such information is stored; however, You understand and agree that it may be impossible to entirely delete entries without some residual information being retained due to the manner in which data backups are maintained. You agree to submit all requests to update, correct and/or delete Personal Information solely to email@example.com.
5 WHERE COMPANY STORE AND PROCESS DATA
Company and/or its agents, partners and/or affiliates store data collected in connection with the Company Web Site on servers located around the world in various locations including, without limitation, parts of the United States of America, Asia and the European Economic Area.
6 DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Company does not sell, trade or rent Personal Information collected through the Company Web Site to any third party and does not disclose Your Personal Information except as follows: Company may:
- disclose Personal Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation or to enforce this PP;
- share or transfer Personal Information in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of Company’s business; and
- share or transfer Your Personal Information to Company’s agents, partners, and affiliates. In addition, Company reserves the right to fully use and disclose any Personal Information that Company collects via the Company Web Site that is not in personally identifiable form.
7 SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
This clause describes methods that Company utilizes in connection with information provided by You in connection with use of the Company Web Site as well as responsibilities that You have to protect Your information.
- Security Measures. Transmissions over the internet are never completely secure or error-free. However, Company in its sole discretion undertakes certain security measures aimed at to protecting against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information.
- Third Party Links. The Company Web Site may contain links to third parties who may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information directly from You. Additionally, Company may use third parties to provide components or portions of the Company Web Site. In either case, such third parties may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of Company, and in all cases Company: (a) has no responsibility or liability for any such third party policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third parties or their websites; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the website, products or services offered by such third parties or the security of any information that You provide to them. It is Your responsibility to determine whether You will utilize and/or access any such third party links that may appear on the Company Web Site.
Use of the Company Web Site is not intended for minors under the age of 18 (“Minors”). Minors are not authorized by Company to use the Company Web Site, any access to or use of the Company Web Site by a Minor is strictly prohibited and is in violation of this PP. Company does not intentionally collect or maintain any Personal Information from Minors. You shall not provide Company with any Personal Information of Minors.
8 CHANGES TO THE PP
Company continually strives to implement new technologies and processes in connection with the Company Web Site. As a result, changes to this PP may be made by Company from time to time.
Company recommends that You revisit this PP on occasion to learn of any changes.
If you have any questions about this PP, please contact Company by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.